Monday, March 23, 2009

A game of tag

So, when I blogged regularly, I wanted so badly to be tagged. And no one tagged me.

Now that I blog almost never, I get tagged (Thanks, CalvaryGirl!). And my amazon account has a bit of money in it. (Bought two books, Intended for Pleasure and Sheet Music, both excellent books, for a friend getting married with the $10 that was there today). These things are weird.

So, in honor of my first tagging, I'm joining the game. I'm not going to tag anyone else though, since I only read blogs once every few weeks at this point (I'm still working my way out of time-wasting in this area).

So, here goes: A game of Threes.

THREE NAMES I GO BY
These would be so much more interesting if it was "three names I have gone by". Then it could include "skinny minnie, babe, ames, amarie", and the like.
1. Mommy
2. Mrs. Davis
3. Amy

THREE INTERESTING PLACES I'VE WORKED IN MY LIFE
Hmm... have I even had three jobs? Yeah, I guess I have. But most of them are pretty boring.
1. As a gardener for the city -- taking care of flowers
2. At IBM, as an intern
3. At the city mission, as a volunteer -- this was my favorite "job"


THREE PLACES I HAVE LIVED
I think I'll take the term "lived" rather loosely.
1. Cameroon, West Africa (for 7 weeks)
2. Rochester, MN (for 3 months)
3. Nebraska (pretty much the entirety of my life)

THREE TV SHOWS THAT I WATCH
Umm... since I don't have a TV, and don't watch other's TVs, I'm not sure I could even name three current shows. Sorry.

THREE PLACES I HAVE BEEN
Hmm... I'll try to use places that I didn't "live"
1. Mexico (a few weeks ago, we drove in about miles, visited a company, then returned. Saw nothing)
2. Nigeria (while staying in Cameroon, we walked across the border, just because we could)
3. Smokey Mountains (on my honeymoon - wonderful place!)


THREE PLACES I WOULD LIKE TO GO
1. India
2. China
3. Thailand


THREE OF MY FAVORITE FOODS
1. Ice cream
2. Lamb or Beef Rendang (but not too spicy, I've become a wimp since having kids)
3. Just about anything my husband makes, Asian food in particular (he's a great cook)

THINGS I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO
1. Quitting work (am I allowed to say that?)
2. Chester being out of school (still several years left)
3. Ripe fruit of this season -- the trees are budded!

THREE PETS THAT YOU HAVE OWNED
1. "Kitty" was my cat in childhood. My brother was allergic to him.
2. "Pedro" was a plecostamus (or however you spell it) that we had for a few weeks with the kids. He was ugly
3. We tried adding 5 goldfish to "Pedro's" tank, before we gave it away, but they died.

THREE FRIENDS WHO WILL REPLY
Considering that I'm not tagging anyone, no one :)

THREE FAVORITE TEAMS TO WATCH
Umm.. showing my geekiness. I don't even know anyone who plays sports on a team.... And I don't watch sports otherwise either.

THREE FAVORITE DRINKS
1. Water
2. Fresh Lemonade
3. Chai

Three top Concert experiences:
I was a concert junkie (all classical music) in High school, but it was so long ago, and now it's wayyyy outside my budget..... Can I even remember what I saw and loved?
1. The first opera that I saw live. I can't even remember right now what opera it was. But it was incredible.
2. Stomp. Great show.
3. Les Miserables? Moscow Symphony? There's a lot of great ones that I saw back in the day...

Three Things that make your SKIN CRAWL:
1. Horror/Thriller movies. They still make me scared after 15 years. I don't watch them anymore.
2. "people noises" in the night -- like the door opening, when you're pretty sure no one that lives here is coming in or going out.... I'm glad God is always with me!
3. Large spiders. (There was this one that jumped on my head in Africa, while I was on a paranoia-inducing malaria drug. Yeah, they still give me the willies).

Three Things that calm me down when I am stressed:
1. Praying
2. Reminding myself of scripture
3. Having a warm drink (if it's making me lose sleep)

No comments:

Post a Comment