Friday, September 5, 2008

Frugal Friday: Rag Bags

I’m new to this, (blogging and Frugal Friday), so I’m sure this idea has been shared before. But, I love my rag bags. I one to store rags in the kitchen - they substitute for paper towels. I use a second to store plastic bags in the kitchen. A third for bathroom rags. That way, I can grab one, wipe up the sink and toss it down the laundry chute. And a fourth for “wet wipes”. Just dampen a rag in the sink and clean that baby! Here’s a quick tutorial.
A bag for wet wipes (wash cloths)
A bag for wet wipes (wash cloths)
A bag to hold rags or plastic bags
A bag to hold rags or plastic bags
How to make a rag bag
Your rag bag is done!

3 comments:

  1. from Stephanie:

    That is a great idea! I have one that I use for grocery bags but I never thought to use one for rags. That would help cut out paper towel use too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. from Shynea:
    I have one of these as well. I use it to store my plastic bags in, and I love it. My original method for storing them was really unorganized and messy. I purchased my first “rag bag” at a yard sale a couple of weeks ago and I wish I would have gotten a few more. They are so handy and cute. I never thought about using them to store bathroom rags in. That is a really good idea. I wish I had some sewing savvy because I would make my own.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. from mom2fur:

    Oh, my gosh, I haven’t hear the term ‘rag bag’ since I was a kid! My mom used to have one hanging in the linen closet. I just throw my rags under the sink, but I think I’m going to have to make a ‘rag bag’ of my own with your cute tutorial. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete