Friday, November 21, 2008

Letters of Love and Encouragement

I don't know about you, but I can live for months on a good bit of written (or even oral) encouragement. I'll re-read notes over and over, playing the words in my mind, and letting the feelings wash over me again and again: Letters from my husband, reminding me of things he loves about me, letters from friends commenting that something I did or my family does is an encouragement to them. There's just nothing quite so powerful as a personal note, penned to build up another.

That's why this Mother-Letter project is so beautiful. Not only do I love the idea of not spending money on each other for Christmas (we're doing this too), but who of us can't use a little encouragement? And for a husband to think of this and follow through with the project -- he just might be winning the "husband of the year" award from all the blogging moms!

So let's write a letter of encouragement to another Mom. I'm going to be sharing something my pastor used to say over and over about God recognizing the thankless jobs that we as mothers perform. It's encouraged me hundreds of times as I remember his words, and I pray that I do it justice as I write it down in my mother letter today.

1 comment:

  1. You are too kind. I really look forward to all of the letters from your readers.

    ReplyDelete