Monday, November 10, 2008

Made it Myself Monday: Needle felted porcupine pincushion

I've discovered a terrific therapy craft -- Needle felting! When I'm mad or frustrated, I can jab something millions of times with barbed needles! How satisfying!

I made a pin cushion -- a porcupine, of course.
porq1

I wish I had headless pins, they would be much better for pictures here.
porq2

His little tail is for balancing.
porq4

I started by wet-felting around an egg shape, then cutting it open in a cross shape, and forming the points into legs, and the small part of the egg into a head. Then I filled it and needle-felted on a tummy and the brown back fur, added some to the face, and put on the tail.

I'm pretty satisfied, especially for a first project.

What did you and/or your kids make this week? Share a link in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment