Oh, I am so grateful for apples!
We've been given so many free ones this year, that I used up all of my jars, all of my Styrofoam cups and yesterday all of my zip lock baggies storing apples (and apple sauce).
So, yesterday, I used up the latest box of apples into Apple cobbler. I made three (it's all the pans I had available) to eat and freeze whole. Here's the recipe:
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 t. vanilla (optional)
2 c. flour (I use a mixture of wheat and white)
1 t. salt
2 T. cinnamon
2 t. baking soda.
4 c. apples
1 c. nuts (optional)
- Cream sugars, butter, vanilla and eggs.
- Mix in dry ingredients. Mixture will be about he consistency of cookie dough
- Stir in apples and nuts until dough starts to get a bit wetter.
- Spread into a lightly greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 15 minutes, then raise temperature 375 degrees for another 30-40 minutes or until done.