Saturday, October 4, 2008

Living Simply Saturday: Not worth fighting over

I wasn't going to post this week because I couldn't think of a topic.

Then I came across this picture of my eldest. He dressed like this every day for a few days last week.



It reminded me of a conversation I once had with a friend. She was noting that I let the kids wear winter boots in the middle of the summer, and with mismatched socks. I said, "If they want to wear boots, it doesn't bother me -- and they love contrasting socks. It's not worth it to me to fight over that." To which my friend (who dresses her kids very neatly) responded "You'll have an easier life than me".

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh... you sound like my husband. :) I constantly say "oh, that doesn't match" or "you can't wear gum boots with a pretty dress", and his response is "why can't she?". I suppose it would be a whole lot easier to just care less, and let my kids wear what they like!

    Stephanie @ Keeper of the Home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! It's pretty much the same way at our household.

    ReplyDelete